Admission to the first semester of B.Com. Degree course shall be open to a person who has passed one of the following examinations conducted by a recognized Board/Council/University.
+2 examination or B.Com.- Part-I (Old scheme) of Panjab University with three of the following subjects securing at least 45 per cent marks in the aggregate:-
- Commerce (or theory of commerce or foundation course in commerce)
- Accountancy (or book keeping and accountancy)
- Business Organization (or Business Management or Theory and Practice of Management)
- Insurance (or General Insurance or Life Insurance)
- Banking and Trade
- Commercial Geography
- Office Management and Secretarial Practice (or Office Organization and Management)
- Mercantile Law (or any Company Law)
- Typewriting and Stenography/Computers (for typewriting)
- Accounting for Business
- Advance and Foreign Exchange
- Advanced Maths & Computer Applications
- Booking Keeping and Accountancy
- Business Economics & Quantitative Methods
- Business Mathematics
- Business Organization & Management
- Business Studies
- Business Studies II
- Capital Market Operations
- Computerized Accounting II
- Cost Accounting
- Derivative Market Operation
- Economics Geography
- Elements of Accounting
- Elements of Cost Accounting and Auditing
- Elements of Cost Accounting
- Factory Organisation/Office Administration/Financial Accounting
- Financial Market Management
- Fundamental of E-Business
- Human Resource Management
- Income Tax
- Informatics Practices
- Introduction to Financial Markets
- Investment Management
- Legal Studies
- Management and Marketing of Insurance
- Management of Resources
- Marketing and Salesmanship
- Marketing Management and Retail Business
- Materials Management
- Mathematics (B)
- Management of Bank Office
- Modern Office Practice-II
- Office Communication
- Office Procedures and Practices
- Organization of Commerce
- Principles and Practices of Life Insurance
- Principle of Management & Economics
- Retail Management
- Secretarial Practices and Accounting
- Store Accounting
- Type Writing
- Theory and Practice of Commerce
+2 Examination with at least two of the subjects mentioned in (a) securing at least 50% marks in aggregate.
+2 examination who does not covered in (a) and (b) securing at least 55% marks.
Any other examination recognized by the University as equivalent to (a) or (b) or (c) as given above with requisite percentage of marks given under each clause.
Provided that a candidate seeking admission to the first semester of B.Com. should have passed in the subject of English at the +2 examination and in cases where passing in English is not necessary according to the regulations of certain Boards/Bodies/Councils/Universities in India, the admission of the candidate shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after he/she has cleared the subject of English as a deficient subject from the parent Board/Body/Council/University in two consecutive chances subsequent to his/her admission. In case a candidate does not clear the relevant subject at any of the two consecutive chances allowed to him/her subsequent to the date of his/her admission, his/her provisional admission to the course shall stand cancelled.
Provided further that:-
A candidate who has been placed under compartment in the +2 examination conducted by a Board/Body/Council/University in India shall be eligible to seek admission to the First Semester of B.Com course, provided he/she fulfills the following conditions:-
- He/she should have been placed in compartment in one subject only;
- He/she should have obtained at least 20% marks in the subject in which he/she had been placed in compartment and;
- He/she should have obtained the requisite percentage of marks in the aggregate of the examination as laid down in the relevant regulations.
The admission of the candidate with a compartment as indicated above shall be provisional and will be confirmed only after he/she has cleared the compartment in two consecutive chances subsequent to his/her admission. In case the candidate does not clear the compartment at any of the two consecutive chances allowed to him/her subsequent to the date of his/her admission, his/her provisional admission to the course shall stand cancelled.
Subject to the reservation made by the University, the admission shall be on merit. The merit for this purpose shall be determined on the basis of the score of a candidate to be computed as follows:-
- Percentage of marks in the qualifying examination;
- Add score of 4 for each of the subjects passed from the subjects referred in above list not exceeding 16 in total.
Explanation: -In case of a compartment candidate, eligibility shall be determined by including the marks of the subject in which the candidate has been placed in compartment.
NOTE: - The candidates securing less than 20% marks in the subject of compartment at the +2 examination be made eligible to join B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. Part-I courses, if they clear or secure 20% or more marks in the subject in the Supplementary Examination held in July/August, on or before the last date for admission with late fee with the permission of the Hon’ble ViceChancellor, provided the seat(s) is/are available.